Friday, December 14, 2007

I'll Be Home for Christmas...


You can count on me... I'll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams! Well, sorry for the singing, I am so blessed to have so many friends, most of which I have never met. Isn't that something?!?! Still nothing. I'll be home for a little bit today before I'm dragged over to my mom's house. Woke up with a fever this morning and couldn't breathe... I'm praying I'm NOT coming down with the flu; I tell ya, my immune system wouldn't be able to handle it!! I'm not complaining, as long as everything is out of my system come January for our birthday party, and February for the ACOT Texas crop! (BTW, if you haven't already signed up, there are only 5 more days for you to sign up and pay to receive the early bird special!! Click on the PayPal link under my photo to the right of your screen.) If you're not a member of A Cherry On Top and you want to come and crop with us February 29 - March 1, please sign up for your free membership now! It's a Texas Crop because originally we thought there would only be Texas members that would be able to join; wow, were Amanda (mkcdaisy, DT member for ACOT) and I surprised when there were online friends signing up and planning to attend from out of state! Woo hoo!! Of course you know me, that totally made my heart sing!

Not much to say, thank goodness no one is waiting on the frickin' computer right now! I've got more blood work this morning, and then I'll be back up at the hospital again on Monday and Thursday... those are primarily results days! The guys down in the Radiology department thought they had jokes... "Maybe we should just get you a mailbox since it looks like you'll be staying for a while" uh, NO! LOL...

Anyways, let me tell you how wonderful my husband is... (and I normally don't give out info on my husband, because I've seen too many marriages break up because the wife was bragging about how "great" her husband was, and then a friend come in a swoop him away! I know you've heard of those kind of stories!!) So, anyways, he is a doll! I've been sick, unable to get to the computer, right? So... the first day, I asked him to go by Hallmark and pick out some Christmas cards for me, and a few more ornaments that I needed; some as gifts for others, and some for our tree--of which will go up Sunday after church--yes, I'll be dragging my sick butt to church since that's where I need to be all the time; I just wish we could go to our church home in San Antonio!! I miss Bishop Rick and the Family Praise Center congregation so much! Talk about walking with God! Whew! So, back to the shopping... he's also a collector, so he knows the ornaments too, and brought back all of the right ones; even picked out some nice cards. Then yesterday, I was complaining about how I was so upset about missing the chats at 3Scrapateers, and we all know how he feels about "chatting and the computer"; he's seen too many divorces because of "cyber-sex chats" so he's under the impression that whenever someone is chatting, it's not good. But, I kept complaining, and he attended two chats for me!! Do you believe that? This morning he told me that the ladies: TallulaMoon and scrapingal, and he named someone else that I had never seen at the chats were really funny. Then he asked me what was the duct tape for... LMBO!! So of course he thought it was strange, so I had to explain to him it was a joke at 3S so when you try to click on a freebie at these chats, you normally get kicked out if you don't hold down the CTRL key! LOL... Then he said he was referred to as NikosMom's Husband, but he likes to refer to himself as "NikosDad".... LOL... that was how he had signed his e-mail to me one day from work, and I burst out laughing! (According to my sister, poor little Sasha is always forgotten!) So, he supposedly attended the 9CST and 10CST chat, which is the Half-N-Half and the EI with the Dude... he said he was late to the Dude's Chat, and Digital Dude probably thought he was rude asking for the downloads, so I probably won't get them; which would totally stink since I did the challenges, so hopefully Digi Dude won't leave me out in the cold! He did say that TallulaMoon Designs was going to PM me since she didn't want him to fall out of the chatroom! :) So now when I'm cracking up on the computer like a mad woman, he doesn't have to come racing upstairs being the jealous type thinking someone else is making me laugh so hard and I'll run off and have an affair! He got to experience it first hand!

Gotta go... someone is standing here! I'll be back with the Christmas Cheer! (I had 3 recipes that I know by heart, so Day 1 wasn't so bad, and then what I had planned for Day 2 last night, I also know by heart; so at least you know these are recipes that I've tried and bake year after year! If you try some, let me know what you think!)

(((hugs)))
me

P.S. He says there were two packages for me that came in the mail from California! Hmmm... I would think one would be from scrapgram at ACOT, and I have no clue who sent the other one! Oh yeah, and we got our first Christmas cards! Guess who they were from! LOL... Avenue (the clothing store for voluptuous women; and I don't even fit their clothes anymore!) and our HOA Beautification committee!! Which he found to be ridiculous, kind of an (in his exact words) "we've got our eye on you!" card!! ROTFLMAO!! **We'd received a warning about 3 weeks ago that our grass needed to be cut and we needed to remove our water hose from the driveway and coil it up on the side of the house! LOL... so he didn't receive that card so well! LOL...
Christmas Cheer coming up later on today! Sorry for the long post, but I had to share some things with all my friends and family!

5 comments:

Steph.Gibson said...

What a great husband! Good that he has experienced our world first hand. My husband, as supportive as he is, would never do that. Good for him. Will keep checking back on you. Glad for the updates.

scrapgram said...

Elise I hope this gets to you. I miss you sweetie and have been worried about you. Please have Pablo email me and let me know what is going on. scrapgram2@verizon.net

The two packages you received are one from me and the other is from your girl that got your name for the ornament. so its your ornament.

warm hugs for you awesome hubby and for you my dear friend all my love. anna maria

Anonymous said...

Hi my dear friend and twin siss! They have to find out soon whats wrong with my dear sister!! I want to talk to you!!I´m off work monday and tuesday. On Monday i´m going to my favorite store in Ullared!! I´m going with my wonderful friends Carola and Petra. It´s going to be so cool!!!How was it with the package?Did you get the time to send it?Or you went sick before? All the winners has starting to questrion Lucienne about it..And I haven´t got any money to send my package to you:-( So the christmas stuff is going to come to late I´m so sorry about that!!!I haven´t send the album either(still no money)But we can change them when I come then we can send them back when we are finished with them..Take care miss you hugs and kisses from your twin siss in sweden

Anonymous said...

Hi Elise! Sorry to hear that you've been sick. Miss seeing you at ACOT!

Moody

Scraps of Candy said...

Ah, what a sweet hubby! Just dropped by to say hi and let you know I was praying for you.