Thursday, December 13, 2007

12 Days of Christmas Cheer!

Sorry I couldn't get to the computer last night; I was just too too tired... So, I'm awake bright and early to take some medication... It's either too much sleep around here, or not enough! LOL

Marie! How dare you think that you wouldn't be able to come in January! My doors are always open! Especially for wonderful friends that have become like family, as you have! :) Green light, and with all of these tests and poking and prodding they are doing to me this month, I'll have some kind of an answer before then!

I got stuck three times yesterday: Or maybe I should say, "On the first day of Christmas, the doctor ordered for me... 1 flu shot and decided to order some labwork too!" LOL... okay, yes, I'm trying to have a good sense of humor about this!

Anyways...

Day 1 Recipes

Chewy Chocolate Chippers (My Traditional M&M Cookies!)

1 Cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 Cups firmly packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 Cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Cup "M&M's" Plain Chocolate Candies
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I always omit these; they are optional)

Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy; blend in eggs and vanilla. Gradually add combined flour, soda and salt; mix well. Stir in candies (and nuts). Drop dough by heaping Tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. Press 2-3 additional candies into each cookie, if desired. Bake at 350*F (350 degrees Fahrenheit) for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet about 3 minutes; remove cookies to wire rack to cool thoroughly. (Makes about 2 dozen 3 1/2-inch cookies.)

Now for those that don't like to bake, or enjoy their holiday spirits... (I have become the "mixologist" of our family during any functions or parties that we have or attend; So... I'm sharing personal recipes of drinks I've "created" LOL... enjoy! BTW, with the medications and the making drinks the whole party, I never have time to drink them myself; but I do taste to see if these need anything else!)

Blue Iguana
(Amaretto Sour with a twist!)

2 oz. Amaretto (I use Disaronno)
4 oz. Sweet and Sour Mix
1 oz. Blue CuraÇao (or just enough splash to turn your drink green)
4-5 Ice cubes

Combine all ingredients in a shaker, and mix well. Serve strained into glass over ice cubes.


Well, since I was behind, I'll put up another recipe this evening to catch up with Day 2! I've started the Christmas Cheer with one of my favorite Cookie Recipes and will end it with my very best favorite! Hope you'll check back each day for the newest recipes! Once I can at least get to my laptop, I should be able to create cute recipe cards with all of the new kits that Lisa Majewski (at 3Scrapateers and DigiScrap Boutique) and FishinMom (at Digital-Scrapbooking) Designs have created; plus a few other kits that I've bought or have been RAK'd!

So... as one of my friends used to say... "Love, Peace and Hair Grease..." (I used to hate that when he would say it, but for some reason I just felt like using it! LOL... he's now stationed in Belgium, and I haven't heard from him in a while; he was one of my "little brothers" when we were stationed at Security Hill; I had 2 little brothers while I was there, only because I was the oldest and was always in their business when it came to the girls they dated!! LOL)
(((hugs)))
me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Elise! Thanks for the answer:-) Everything around here has been against me and much is going around in my mind.. Feeling a little bit depressed. (But feeling much better now when I finally manage to get contact with you)*happy dance* That´s the reason because I thought I couldn´t come. Hope everything turning the opposite way now and are going to be better now then! Have wrote everything in an email..
Have been working overtime this week. Now I have 10 hours then I´m going to get the triple time the 26 th of Dec. This means that I´m going to get my 40 hours overtime until I leave for Texas!!! Take care love you hugs and kisses from your twin siss and best friend