Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Update on Marie and Card Contest!!

Thank you to all of you that sent prayers and messages for my friend and sister Marie, I finally did get a chance to talk to her husband, and he told me she had to have surgery, well it turned out she had an Appendectomy--that's what the severe pain was, but I finally got to talk to her as she was discharged from the hospital today!! Yay!! I was so happy to hear her voice on the phone! She is still in pain and will be on bed rest recovering for the next two weeks!

I've decided that no one likes to be sick or stranded at home in the bed--not even scrappers surrounded by scrapping supplies when you are kind of immobile or can't carry or lug all your new goodies home from the store if you go out and buy new stuff without having to ask someone to help you carry the bags in! So...

To put a smile on her face, (and a smile on your faces!) I'm holding a CARD Contest!! The rules are below:


GET WELL/QUICK RECOVERY CARD CONTEST

Criteria/Rules:
  1. Card can be digi or paper, but must be mailable. You may design it on digital, but must be printed out....
  2. Cards must be completed and photos, scans or jpeg files must be e-mailed to me by Midnight Saturday, 10 Nov 07, so that I can e-mail you her mailing address so you can put it in the post on Monday!!
  3. Postage to Sweden is currently $0.90 (90 cents) I will reimburse each participant for postage directly to her... there will not be enough turn around time for me to have you mail them to me and then me send them to her.
  4. You must agree to keep her address and personal information IAW Privacy Act 1974 once I give it to you. This is important, and I know you wouldn't want someone else passing out or using your address for unofficial business.
  5. Cards must be in the category of Get Well, Quick Recovery, etc. (Not Thank you, or Birthday cards if you know what I mean).
  6. Cards must be 5"x5", 5"x7", or 6"x6" for easier mailing, and my be embellished any way you like! With your return addy on the front of the envelope in case she would like to write a Thank you note...
  7. Cards will be judged by dh who also scraps, but has his own style and is not partial to any of my blog readers!
  8. Please sign your cards with your name and your ACOT or other MB name.
  9. I will announce a winner on Sunday evening, November 11!!
  10. Submit your entries with your name, MB name, and frequently shopped online store from the selection of (ACOT, DSB, or 3Scrapateers)

PRIZE... Winner will receive a gift certificate to the shop of their choice!
Good luck and thank you for playing! Can't wait to see your entries!!
Here is the one I made for her!!
(I will print the papers out on Bazzill, and paste the Strength sticker on chipboard, and probably use Prima flowers for the Daisies and leaving the "Wishing you..." printed as is on cardstock as well! So it then becomes "Hybrid" and mailable.) I'll post a photo when I complete it! TFL!!



Credits:
"Sweet Sophie" Kit by Michelle Bradley

No comments: