Sunday, February 3, 2008

Super Bowl Sunday

Well, not much is going on over here... not a big sports fan, so after flipping the channels, somehow it landed on Ice Age the Movie, and I've been listening to John Leguizamo's voice for the past 30 minutes or longer because I'm really too tired to pick up the remote and change the channel again! Sad I know! Just to show you what a lazy Sunday it is, right after church, I wanted to go to sleep, but I managed to do another LO... yeah, I know! A LO in less than an hour!! I'll have to post it here in a little bit when I'm actually at the computer. Ha! You ask where am I? Blogging from the laptop, lying down on the couch! Told ya it was a lazy Sunday! Thank goodness for a Mayor that believes in what the people want--Yes, FREE wireless in our city... cool huh? If I get bored I can run outside and watch the dogs play or run to the mall and become a people watcher and still blog or surf the internet! LOL...

Anyways, did the LO, and I think that LOAD challenge with Lain E. at BPS really did help! Now I'm going to continue the challenge, and when I started out in January since it was my birthday month, I had decided I would do mostly pages about me... When I look at all of the scrapbooking I did last year, they were mostly of the dogs, Pablo, and probably my niece. This year, I think it's going to be all about me, and I'm going to do them in Chronological order. Of course since I'm on a couple different CTs, sometimes the kits don't match my wedding theme, so I'll have few LOs here and there that won't be a part of my Wedding Scrapbook. I also think I'm going to multitask and start on my Military album this year! Woo hoo; talk about motivation, huh?

--------------------------------

On to other news... Very important!! The Texas ACOT crop is coming up at the end of the month, and man, if you haven't signed up yet, and you live in Texas or a state nearby, you are not going to want to miss the fun Amanda (mkcdaisy) and I have scheduled for you! If you love to scrap, fellowship with other scrappers, and enjoy prizes and munchies (chocolate included!!), then you need to make your reservations ASAP while there is still room!! The crop will be held at By Design Scrapbook Boutique, and you can click on the payment button to the right to reserve your spot! Only $10 and it covers two days of fun!!

Events planned so far:
Door Prizes
Nameplate Contest (details on www.acherryontop.com; free membership to the website!)
Scavenger Hunt (be prepared, I've created a list that will blow your mind! LOL)
Light Lunch (for those that need energy to keep going!)

Anyone interested in us holding a short class, please let me know what techniques you are interested in and we can even take about an hour out of the beginning of the day to possibly create a Hybrid LO! Or see how to use new products from CHA!!

If you've got one of the cool ACOT T-shirts, be sure to wear it! If not, and you've got something with cherries on it, wear that! LOL... you never know when or where prizes will pop up! Oh yeah, make sure you come comfortable and prepared for some fun! Tracy at By Design has also thrown in some wonderful prizes for our event too! So make sure you leave her a big thank you on her blog!

BTW, Digi scrappers... You need to come and have some fun too! Just because you create with a computer or laptop, doesn't mean you can't come out and have some fun too! There are plugs in the crop room that you can plug into also!

Crop Details:
Feb 29 and Mar 1, 2008
10 a.m. - 10 p.m. both days!
Cost $10

Out-of-towners, I have reserved a block of rooms for our event at the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton for almost $60 off the regular room rate, and even cheaper than any AAA or Military discount! How cool is that? e-mail me for the link to reserve your room!

I've heard from a lot of the girls that plan on attending, and so far it sounds like everyone is just as excited as I am! Well, off to create my name plate and I'll post my sample when I come back!

(((hugs)))
me

2 comments:

Scraps of Candy said...

Man your crop sure sounds fun - almost makes me want to be in Texas. I have one coming up for my church/work (I work at the Divisional Headquarters for my church)in March. This will be the first year I will be going. I was nursing last year so couldn't and had no clue about the wonderful world of digiscrapping before that. It will just be my friend and I that are doing digi - but we are going to teach some classes on it so maybe next year there will be morewe can spark some interest. Have a great week.

Unknown said...

ACK! And I don't live in Texas anymore! Believe me, if I was going to make a trip back for anything, it'd be for the chance to hang out with y'all.